Wednesday, June 4, 2014

sacred spaces

Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.
Joseph Campbell,  The Power of Myth

This is one of my sacred spaces in my house...a place where I can view the early morning sun, snuggle with kids or Benji, hear the birds sing...take a rest.  It is a place of ease and quiet.  In my work, I travel through many homes and each one has a "vibe" or feeling that comes from the lives and items within.  Creating a sacred space is an ancient tradition which weaves those treasured items we have and makes a place where we feel safe, honored and connected to the life around us.  It doesn't take a lot of stuff...in fact clutter can block the natural flow. I have been to extremely harmonious homes which were quite simple and to others that we struggling under the burden of it all.  What is the vibe of your home?  Ask yourself what makes it sacred for you?  If you come upon something that doesn't fit or which you've outgrown...let it go...and make space for that which will reveal itself to you.

0 comments: