Monday, September 1, 2014

fruits of our labor

Choose a job you love, and you will 
never have to work a day in your life.
Confucius, Chinese teacher, philosopher, editor, and politician


I have recently started re-reading The Happiness Project  by Gretchen Rubin and the focus of September is to find your passion!  As I sit and ponder what work I do effortlessly with passion, it has always been that of mother and nurturer.  Whether it was orchestrating a big party for friends, putting a band-aid on a wound or whipping up 300 cupcakes for the PTA (yes we did that once!), my roll as mom has always been my second skin.  My kids are my passion and today I celebrate them--the fruits of my labor (literally)--and all that they are becoming!  
It is so fun to see them blossom and grow.  
What is your passion?

1 comments:

wendy said...

Beautiful picture! I heard about that book a couple times now so will have to find it. Happy Labor Day!